You know how some days, for no real reason, you just feel a bit blerghy, kinda cranky and NQR?
I’ve had one of those days – but I didn’t want it to only be that, so here’s a list of 10 things that are the opposite of the blerghs.
1. This week I registered to attend Problogger – a blogger conference on the Gold Coast later in the year – which is equal parts exciting and scary. Eeeeek!
2. I went to dinner at my friend Suzanne’s on the weekend – she’s a total boss at making people feel welcome and relaxed. This is her dining room, with beautiful views of the trees that surround her house. Dinner was amazing!
3. 90210 – it’s so fun to re-watch the adventures (and fashions) of Brenda, Brandon and the gang. Were our jeans really that high-waisted back in the day?
4. Sunshine – even though autumn is my favouritest of all the seasons, I am enjoying these last sunny-at-dinner-time days.
5. Blogging with Pip has been an amazing adventure – creating this blog, tonnes of learning, discovering, meeting new people online and live in person – I’ve had a blast and can’t believe our time with Pip at the helm is almost over *sobs*. Blogging is ACE!
6. House of Cards – OMG how awesome are Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright? Totally addictive – I’m watching via Foxtel, so no matter how much you are bursting to tell me what happens throughout season 2, please don’t!
7. Baking – I’ve been making lots of scrummy things lately – all in the name of blogging, of course. It’s been great to share the spoils with my family.
8. Senior citizens learning new things. My dad has been doing computer lessons at the local library. I think the instructors forgot to ask who knows what, and so it’s been a bit overwhelming, but his curiosity and desire to learn about the interwebs, in his 70s, is totally inspiring. On ya dad!
9. Creative people. There are so many creative, generous, kind, fun, interesting people are in the world. So many! My goal is to be one of them.
10. Community building things, and joining in. I loved being part of the Style and Shenanigans colour challenge last week. People can bag out the online world as a solitary place, but last week proved it can be a great forum to join in and have fun. It was wonderful to be part of a big group of people sharing their purple, red, orange, blue, yellow, green and pink looks. Loved it.
So there are 10 reasons for me to turn that frown upside down.
How about you? What are you loving at the moment?
I hope you can think of at least 10 things. Feel free to share!
Annette : )